Six Shooter disapointment Hope the Barry Grant guy is watching - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2007, 10:52 AM
427v8's Avatar
C6, the C5 of tomorrow
 
Last wiki edit: How to title a hot rod Last photo:
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: MinneSnowta
Age: 53
Posts: 344
Wiki Edits: 7

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I agree that there is a lot of junk in the aftermarket, but it always amazes me when people won't call the toll free tech line when they have a problem.

It's the only way I deal with anything complex if I can help it.

    Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Not A T 25's Avatar
Takes Guts To Cut One Up
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: South Central Illinois
Age: 58
Posts: 354
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I called the Tech line and they asked that I fax a copy of the invoice and they would send the parts so hopefully that will take care of things. I seriously considered returning the system I really didn't have the cash to spend any how but it is what I want on the car and even though it seems like a lot of money it is a way cool looking and quality system some guy just packed the wrong part I will keep you updated
__________________
Success is getting what you want but happyness is liking what you get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Not A T 25's Avatar
Takes Guts To Cut One Up
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: South Central Illinois
Age: 58
Posts: 354
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No Customer support

OK guys I am fed up with Barry Grant's customer support I have sent numerous emails and made several phone calls left messages set on hold Etc. Here are the issues I found with the Six Shooter set up and their replies

1. Air cleaner base is for a BB not a small block said they would ship replacement over a week ago but still cannot tell me if it has been shipped.
2. Manifold carb studs and all water fittings are drilled over size with very little thread interface and one carb stud has already started to strip.
3. The banjo fittings for the fuel log were full of metal chips and were machined very roughly with a poor appearance.
4. One of the fuel log fittings had chips also.
5. They no longer include the aluminum linkage adapters for the front and back carb and the alternate method of attachment is sloppy plus the included bolts are not long enough and if you use the Lokar bracket set you have to either call Lokar for the adapters or make a set.
6. There is a miss print in the descriptions that states you can use the angled water neck which you cannot.
7. As with many manifolds there are some bolts that are virtually impossible to torque.

The packaging was good and it is an awesome looking set up but luckily I finally contacted Jeg's and they told me to remove and box it up and they are sending a return shipping label and they will exchange or refund which ever I want. The said they have had a very few of these units with problems but most were good and suggested I get the replacement and inspect it then if I don't like what I see I can return. Thank goodness Jeg's has customer support I guess I must have ticked someone off with my initial post concerning the air cleaner and the response from all of you!
__________________
Success is getting what you want but happyness is liking what you get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2007, 01:16 PM
35WINDOW's Avatar
Member
 

Last journal entry: Dash Mock-up
Last photo:
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: utah
Age: 59
Posts: 1,395
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 7
Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
This is really sad to see, I thought the BG rep that comes on here was a great source of information and reputation for Barry Grant.

I have heard on some Forums about some suspect Customer Service issues there, I hope this is not a normal business practice at BG-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2007, 01:42 PM
seriousracer's Avatar
be a man dodge tree bark!
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: south bend in
Posts: 167
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wow not trying to start anything but....

if your not in to making somehting work than why hot rod?
30000 grand is not what i call hot rodding... and yes i know how much cars and such are worth.. the car in the avatar is a high 6 figure car...

now with all that aside.. why does stuff just have to bolt on ?
my t bucket i have less than 2 grand in... yes i found some deal and yes i recycled parts... but i guess that is where hot rodding started from...

and to the person looking for other tri power setups outthere.. cant find his buisness card right now ..but there is a tri power guy out there.
http://www.hotrodcarbs.com/intro.php
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: cda, id
Age: 31
Posts: 282
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousracer
wow not trying to start anything but....

if your not in to making somehting work than why hot rod?
30000 grand is not what i call hot rodding... and yes i know how much cars and such are worth.. the car in the avatar is a high 6 figure car...

now with all that aside.. why does stuff just have to bolt on ?
my t bucket i have less than 2 grand in... yes i found some deal and yes i recycled parts... but i guess that is where hot rodding started from...
If you think about it, he shouldn't have to just make a high dollar carb set up just work. If he didnt pay 3k for it to bolt right on then you would have a point. Still doesnt make up for the lack of tech support at BG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Technical Support Barry Grant
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Dahlonega, GA
Posts: 1,503
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A T 25
OK guys I am fed up with Barry Grant's customer support I have sent numerous emails and made several phone calls left messages set on hold Etc. Here are the issues I found with the Six Shooter set up and their replies

1. Air cleaner base is for a BB not a small block said they would ship replacement over a week ago but still cannot tell me if it has been shipped.
2. Manifold carb studs and all water fittings are drilled over size with very little thread interface and one carb stud has already started to strip.
3. The banjo fittings for the fuel log were full of metal chips and were machined very roughly with a poor appearance.
4. One of the fuel log fittings had chips also.
5. They no longer include the aluminum linkage adapters for the front and back carb and the alternate method of attachment is sloppy plus the included bolts are not long enough and if you use the Lokar bracket set you have to either call Lokar for the adapters or make a set.
6. There is a miss print in the descriptions that states you can use the angled water neck which you cannot.
7. As with many manifolds there are some bolts that are virtually impossible to torque.

The packaging was good and it is an awesome looking set up but luckily I finally contacted Jeg's and they told me to remove and box it up and they are sending a return shipping label and they will exchange or refund which ever I want. The said they have had a very few of these units with problems but most were good and suggested I get the replacement and inspect it then if I don't like what I see I can return. Thank goodness Jeg's has customer support I guess I must have ticked someone off with my initial post concerning the air cleaner and the response from all of you!
Mark,

I have sent you PM's here about this, and left a message on your voicemail at your office earlier today asking you to contact me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Baroda, MI
Posts: 210
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Let's remember guys - this is only one side of the story.

A post entitled "Hope the Barry Grant guy is watching" is pretty confrontational in my opinion. If that type of attitude carried over into emails and phone conversations I could honestly see getting a customer service representative that would accidentally "lose" information or what not. Not speaking for BG in specific, but it's the type of deal where you aren't a jerk to the guy making your burger as the spit may end up in it!!

With that said - I have had a problem with my Demon Jr. in the past and through PM's on this forum with the tech from BG I was responded to promptly and they took care of my problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Not A T 25's Avatar
Takes Guts To Cut One Up
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: South Central Illinois
Age: 58
Posts: 354
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousracer
wow not trying to start anything but....

if your not in to making somehting work than why hot rod?
30000 grand is not what i call hot rodding... and yes i know how much cars and such are worth.. the car in the avatar is a high 6 figure car...

now with all that aside.. why does stuff just have to bolt on ?
my t bucket i have less than 2 grand in... yes i found some deal and yes i recycled parts... but i guess that is where hot rodding started from...

and to the person looking for other tri power setups outthere.. cant find his buisness card right now ..but there is a tri power guy out there.
http://www.hotrodcarbs.com/intro.php
Oops:
Sorry you are wrong but if you would like to give six figures for the car in the avitar I would be glad to sell it to you and all the work I have done myself so I would say I know how to hot rod!
__________________
Success is getting what you want but happyness is liking what you get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Not A T 25's Avatar
Takes Guts To Cut One Up
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: South Central Illinois
Age: 58
Posts: 354
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid
Let's remember guys - this is only one side of the story.

A post entitled "Hope the Barry Grant guy is watching" is pretty confrontational in my opinion. If that type of attitude carried over into emails and phone conversations I could honestly see getting a customer service representative that would accidentally "lose" information or what not. Not speaking for BG in specific, but it's the type of deal where you aren't a jerk to the guy making your burger as the spit may end up in it!!

With that said - I have had a problem with my Demon Jr. in the past and through PM's on this forum with the tech from BG I was responded to promptly and they took care of my problems.
Not to start a fight here but the title hope the Barry Grant guys is watching wasn't intended to be confrontational just to see if he was out there to help with the issues. and subsequent Email and Phone conversations have been congenial when I could make contact.
__________________
Success is getting what you want but happyness is liking what you get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: Albany Oregon Show
Last photo:
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Merlin, Oregon
Age: 59
Posts: 254
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Six Shooter

I am the person that has spent $30 k on my drag car and tools. If you think I have not made things work and did my fair share of fitting take a look at my journal. I have spent four years of blood, sweat and sacrifice to get where I am with my project. Better than ninety percent of my car was fabbed my me, a first time builder and it passed NHRA safety inspection recently. We all look at our projects with different eyes and different values but that is what makes the hotrodding world go around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Not A T 25's Avatar
Takes Guts To Cut One Up
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: South Central Illinois
Age: 58
Posts: 354
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter Flash
I am the person that has spent $30 k on my drag car and tools. If you think I have not made things work and did my fair share of fitting take a look at my journal. I have spent four years of blood, sweat and sacrifice to get where I am with my project. Better than ninety percent of my car was fabbed my me, a first time builder and it passed NHRA safety inspection recently. We all look at our projects with different eyes and different values but that is what makes the hotrodding world go around.
I agree it is our hobby how ever we choose to do it, I have spent lots of time not being able to afford the cool stuff with Kids, house payment and all but now that that is all behind me I can enjoy this phase of my hobby. Some do bass boats, Harley's or drinking to each their own.
__________________
Success is getting what you want but happyness is liking what you get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Not A T 25's Avatar
Takes Guts To Cut One Up
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: South Central Illinois
Age: 58
Posts: 354
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech @ BG
Mark,

I have sent you PM's here about this, and left a message on your voicemail at your office earlier today asking you to contact me.
Sorry! I didn't get the message I called after 4 PM but I expect you had left for the day I left you a message (phone tag) with my work number and extension I have voice mail. Hopefully we can connect tomorrow. The Hot Rod Power Tour is coming Thu our area I was planning on driving along but now will most likely be here all day.

Thanks
__________________
Success is getting what you want but happyness is liking what you get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2007, 04:09 PM
seriousracer's Avatar
be a man dodge tree bark!
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: south bend in
Posts: 167
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A T 25
Oops:
Sorry you are wrong but if you would like to give six figures for the car in the avitar I would be glad to sell it to you and all the work I have done myself so I would say I know how to hot rod!
please clarify?? sorry i am wrong about what the car is worth? have all the work done by me or you?
the general statement was to say that you need to understand no one can make a bolt on to your needs setup. everything is different and something always will be different. you as a"HOTRODDER" should be able to adapt and make what you want. the wrong air cleaner they will make good on it.
guess i am disappointed in the fact that people seem to think that opening a magazine and catalogs and buying parts is the way to build a hot rod.. guess i should realize that most people see no problem with setting a standard bolt in to aluminum with out a time cert if not at least a helicoil install. that most don't build or look at something and say how could i make this work...not many problem solvers any more in the world..
and no this is not to justify BG lack of customer support but the issues you have been complaining about really are not that big.everthing is you attetion to detail if this was custom built for you than yah you could complain. but it is a "production "piece. chips in the fuel log ..ok ..clean it out.. just like you would do if you were assembling you engine. you clean everything don't you ??
i guess what i need to say is that i don't expect anything i have bought out of a catalog ever to fit with out issues.. and at 3k it not gonna be a perfect bolt on.not like having a custom built piece just the way you want it..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Not A T 25's Avatar
Takes Guts To Cut One Up
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: South Central Illinois
Age: 58
Posts: 354
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousracer
please clarify?? sorry i am wrong about what the car is worth? have all the work done by me or you?
the general statement was to say that you need to understand no one can make a bolt on to your needs setup. everything is different and something always will be different. you as a"HOTRODDER" should be able to adapt and make what you want. the wrong air cleaner they will make good on it.
guess i am disappointed in the fact that people seem to think that opening a magazine and catalogs and buying parts is the way to build a hot rod.. guess i should realize that most people see no problem with setting a standard bolt in to aluminum with out a time cert if not at least a helicoil install. that most don't build or look at something and say how could i make this work...not many problem solvers any more in the world..
and no this is not to justify BG lack of customer support but the issues you have been complaining about really are not that big.everthing is you attetion to detail if this was custom built for you than yah you could complain. but it is a "production "piece. chips in the fuel log ..ok ..clean it out.. just like you would do if you were assembling you engine. you clean everything don't you ??
i guess what i need to say is that i don't expect anything i have bought out of a catalog ever to fit with out issues.. and at 3k it not gonna be a perfect bolt on.not like having a custom built piece just the way you want it..
There is truth to what you say and fixing it is not the problem or the issue but if we don't expect parts suppliers to do the job right why should they? We shouldn't expect or accept less than what we pay for. Even though I can fix it the fact is the time I spend redoing work I shouldn't have to the less time I have to do the work I want to. I am alarmed at what we have learned to accept rather than expect good service or product. How often do you run into a crabby Waiter or waitress that still expects the tip? I have a well outfitted shop and have spent the last 30+ years in machining and wouldn't have been able to if I hadn't produced good work. I respect your opinion if that is the part of the hobby you enjoy so be it!
__________________
Success is getting what you want but happyness is liking what you get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
which Barry Grant carb 1934chevycoupe Engine 3 11-20-2006 06:55 AM
question for barry grant guy 69er Engine 1 10-18-2005 08:42 AM
Barry Grant Demon carb gilby246 Engine 4 03-24-2005 12:12 PM
barry grant carb ??? k-star Engine 1 05-19-2004 05:14 PM
barry grant carb cjhutch02 Engine 2 12-22-2002 12:54 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.