Six Shooter disapointment Hope the Barry Grant guy is watching - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Takes Guts To Cut One Up

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 Z28
Man, talk about a "run on" post.

Vince
So you thought you had to add your positive input?

Advertisement
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2007, 02:23 PM
1.21 giga-watts???!!!!

You DO realize that you are dissing a moderator, don't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Takes Guts To Cut One Up

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rockin daddy
You DO realize that you are dissing a moderator, don't you?
And ??
Old 06-07-2007, 02:56 PM

Last journal entry: Headlights added
Last photo:

Let dead dogs die......
Old 06-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Takes Guts To Cut One Up

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart
Let dead dogs die......
Done!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:13 AM
Takes Guts To Cut One Up

Last photo:

Hey everybody the final results were great please see the subsequent post!

2nd BG Six Shooter right on! hope the BG tech guy is watching
Old 09-29-2008, 05:32 PM

Get in Line

I have a 383 stroker with the 6 shooter setup. I have had the most disgusting experience with the BG group. You are not alone. I also hope that Mr. Grant is reading this. An almost good product? Not quite ready for release. No support due to Slow.....................Slow...........even slower response on help. They fire the ones that help! They have an almost great product... but, ......I still have problems.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:52 PM

Last journal entry: More on the Cobra Engine
Last photo:

Not a 25

Sorry to hear about your problems, but honestly I feel you are the one who is unreasonable here. The very first reply from BG tells it all, you stretched the truth and went straight to the forums to vent your frustrations, not cool.
Also, It's not BG's fault that you want to participate in some power tour (more like a power EGO), it's yours. The fact is, that regardless of how much you spend on parts, and please remember we all spend a lot of money on parts as well, it's your responsibility to order ahead and have your ride ready, not BG's problem. Mistakes happen, I'm sure your not perfect either, and when they do pop up, good companies take care of them, like I believe BG did here. It was you that did not return the BBC part like there policy states, then upon that return, they would issue you a new piece, or you could have gone the faster route and simply ordered the new piece and allow them to credit your account upon it's arrival.
I feel for you, but not as much as I do for BG, they are a great company, that you are using as a hostage on this site to get your way. Yes you deserve the right parts, everyone that purchases items deserves that, but you have no right to use this forum as leverage over them. You were the one that waited till the last minuet, not BG, and yes it was there mistake, I assume, but it happens, and they are not to be expected to move at your pace or schedule, no business should have to, things take time to resolve. I don't think it is fair to spreed your one sided views around on this forum, simply to gain favor from a manufacturer. Grow up and take responsibility for your own actions.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:55 PM
Revolution Calling

Last journal entry: Poverty caps live on.
Last photo:

You guys make it sound like you think an aftermarket custom carburetor should be spot on dead nuts perfect for everything.

Also, you make sound like they owe you a favor if it isn't.

How often do things just 'fall' together during a hot rod custom build? Have you no finesse at all for fit and finish? I don't care if something costs 50,000 dollars there's going to be some little petty thing that isn't just *so*.

Please use this mantra; Custom=Custom

Soap box dismissed.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:17 PM
Bubbles is the girl next door

Last journal entry: This makes a huge difference
Last photo:

DEMON's are fun...thanks Barry for the memories

kinda funny, i was shopping for carbs for my 440.

demon recommended a 750 SD, the carb never idled or transitioned correctly.

i fiddled about 6month trying to choke it, and time it. so it would start with just a turn of the key. turns out the suggestion was, i get a new one with the idle EAZEE. no take backs after 90 days....no idle easy for me .

they also told me to drill holes in the butterfiles on a mild engine. what? are you nuts

the carb "liked" 18 deg of intial timming....to bad my mild-ish engine "liked" maybe 12 deg max inital before the vacuum adv.

---finally, i went back to AFB's, its got a edel 800 on it now. never had a problem of any kind. tuned up real easy. i still have my demon and can get some grewat performance out of it...but a crappy idle and cruise.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:50 PM
How’s that hopey-changey thing

Last wiki edit: Determining top dead center
Last journal entry: Quicky frame dolly
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yknot
Not a 25

Sorry to hear about your problems, but honestly I feel you are the one who is unreasonable here. The very first reply from BG tells it all, you stretched the truth and went straight to the forums to vent your frustrations, not cool.
Also, It's not BG's fault that you want to participate in some power tour (more like a power EGO), it's yours. The fact is, that regardless of how much you spend on parts, and please remember we all spend a lot of money on parts as well, it's your responsibility to order ahead and have your ride ready, not BG's problem. Mistakes happen, I'm sure your not perfect either, and when they do pop up, good companies take care of them, like I believe BG did here. It was you that did not return the BBC part like there policy states, then upon that return, they would issue you a new piece, or you could have gone the faster route and simply ordered the new piece and allow them to credit your account upon it's arrival.
I feel for you, but not as much as I do for BG, they are a great company, that you are using as a hostage on this site to get your way. Yes you deserve the right parts, everyone that purchases items deserves that, but you have no right to use this forum as leverage over them. You were the one that waited till the last minuet, not BG, and yes it was there mistake, I assume, but it happens, and they are not to be expected to move at your pace or schedule, no business should have to, things take time to resolve. I don't think it is fair to spreed your one sided views around on this forum, simply to gain favor from a manufacturer. Grow up and take responsibility for your own actions.
Just for grins check the post date........... however you are spot on, loads of spoiled brats in the world that stomp their little feet and cry big alligator tears when they do not get their way. It does bring a grin to read the temper tantrums ............. notice he has not been back sense, I guess it all better now, mommy kissed the boob boo..
Old 09-30-2008, 06:16 AM
Technical Support Barry Grant

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinn
kinda funny, i was shopping for carbs for my 440.

demon recommended a 750 SD, the carb never idled or transitioned correctly.

i fiddled about 6month trying to choke it, and time it. so it would start with just a turn of the key. turns out the suggestion was, i get a new one with the idle EAZEE. no take backs after 90 days....no idle easy for me .

they also told me to drill holes in the butterfiles on a mild engine. what? are you nuts

the carb "liked" 18 deg of intial timming....to bad my mild-ish engine "liked" maybe 12 deg max inital before the vacuum adv.

---finally, i went back to AFB's, its got a edel 800 on it now. never had a problem of any kind. tuned up real easy. i still have my demon and can get some grewat performance out of it...but a crappy idle and cruise.
If you had a non idle-eze carburetor then it would have had to be at least 3 years old. I can see you being told to drill holes in the butterflies in a non idle-eze carburetor but there is no need to do that on one properly matched up that has the idle-eze feature. 12 degrees at idle is not enough initial timing and you are going to have idle problems and the 16-18 is more in the range of what the carburetor needs. If this gives you too much total then you would need to recurve the distributor.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:21 AM
Technical Support Barry Grant

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joerilla
I have a 383 stroker with the 6 shooter setup. I have had the most disgusting experience with the BG group. You are not alone. I also hope that Mr. Grant is reading this. An almost good product? Not quite ready for release. No support due to Slow.....................Slow...........even slower response on help. They fire the ones that help! They have an almost great product... but, ......I still have problems.
2nd post,hmmm . I am not aware of any outstanding issues we have with customers relating to Six Shooters that have not been addressed and considering those who were let go was right at a year ago our response time has greatly increased. Feel free to pm with what issue you are having and I will look into it.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:51 AM
Bubbles is the girl next door

Last journal entry: This makes a huge difference
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech @ BG
If you had a non idle-eze carburetor then it would have had to be at least 3 years old. I can see you being told to drill holes in the butterflies in a non idle-eze carburetor but there is no need to do that on one properly matched up that has the idle-eze feature. 12 degrees at idle is not enough initial timing and you are going to have idle problems and the 16-18 is more in the range of what the carburetor needs. If this gives you too much total then you would need to recurve the distributor.
a vacuum advance adds to the inital mechanical idle time. so the total is higher than 12...

the idle easy was included months after i bought mine. you knew there were problems. i called you guys back then. the sd carb was another rushed example. then you relase 2.0, idle eazy.

looked nice. i do like your ideas. i supported you.

Last edited by spinn; 09-30-2008 at 06:59 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:00 AM

Last photo:

BG tech could you discuss why you feel people are not qualified to install seals and o rings in your fuel pumps.

We are now forced to get parts from other vendors to repair/service your products.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.