Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Six Shooter disapointment Hope the Barry Grant guy is watching
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Takes Guts To Cut One Up

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

No Customer support

OK guys I am fed up with Barry Grant's customer support I have sent numerous emails and made several phone calls left messages set on hold Etc. Here are the issues I found with the Six Shooter set up and their replies

1. Air cleaner base is for a BB not a small block said they would ship replacement over a week ago but still cannot tell me if it has been shipped.
2. Manifold carb studs and all water fittings are drilled over size with very little thread interface and one carb stud has already started to strip.
3. The banjo fittings for the fuel log were full of metal chips and were machined very roughly with a poor appearance.
4. One of the fuel log fittings had chips also.
5. They no longer include the aluminum linkage adapters for the front and back carb and the alternate method of attachment is sloppy plus the included bolts are not long enough and if you use the Lokar bracket set you have to either call Lokar for the adapters or make a set.
6. There is a miss print in the descriptions that states you can use the angled water neck which you cannot.
7. As with many manifolds there are some bolts that are virtually impossible to torque.

The packaging was good and it is an awesome looking set up but luckily I finally contacted Jeg's and they told me to remove and box it up and they are sending a return shipping label and they will exchange or refund which ever I want. The said they have had a very few of these units with problems but most were good and suggested I get the replacement and inspect it then if I don't like what I see I can return. Thank goodness Jeg's has customer support I guess I must have ticked someone off with my initial post concerning the air cleaner and the response from all of you!