Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodders' Lounge (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodders-lounge/)
-   -   Skip White Performance (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/skip-white-performance-227356.html)

lhmurphy 12-19-2012 02:08 PM

Skip White Performance

I just wanted to tell everyone on here that White Performance has gone above and beyond to set things straight with me. Heres my story...
I got a 406 rotating assembly from them and everything was intact until we tried to put the crank in the engine block. The number two journal didn't have enough clearance. The crank was what my machinist called a "once in a lifetime" situation. I called Skip at White Performance and he took another crank of the same brand and laid it into one of their blocks and made sure this new crank was the correct one for my application. He even bumped up the shipping and said I will have it soon. I just had bad luck with the crankshaft and the company that makes the crank is a great company and this was purely bad luck. I will be doing business with Skip White Performance for the rest of my life and will recommend them to anyone and everyone who asks me where to buy their products from

techinspector1 12-19-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhmurphy (Post 1624612)
I just wanted to tell everyone on here that White Performance has gone above and beyond to set things straight with me. Heres my story...
I got a 406 rotating assembly from them and everything was intact until we tried to put the crank in the engine block. The number two journal didn't have enough clearance. The crank was what my machinist called a "once in a lifetime" situation. I called Skip at White Performance and he took another crank of the same brand and laid it into one of their blocks and made sure this new crank was the correct one for my application. He even bumped up the shipping and said I will have it soon. I just had bad luck with the crankshaft and the company that makes the crank is a great company and this was purely bad luck. I will be doing business with Skip White Performance for the rest of my life and will recommend them to anyone and everyone who asks me where to buy their products from

Good customer service after the sale is the key to running a successful enterprise. I'm very pleased that you wrote this referral because I had reservations about doing business with him, but if he stepped up to the plate for you like that, then he is a man of integrity and I will be pleased to do business with him.

lhmurphy 12-19-2012 03:22 PM

You sure will be happy with them! Skip even called me and talked to me personally until we got the situation figured out. I was treated like I was top priority

F-BIRD'88 12-20-2012 01:41 AM

Good stuff........;)

Moedog07 12-20-2012 04:44 AM

I have always had good service with them. I will be a return customer.

wretched ratchet 12-20-2012 05:42 AM

Everybody makes a mistake no matter what business they are in but those that "man up", take responsibility and do everything to make it right and satisfy their customers are the ones that we need to be using.

JOHNSHENOUDA 12-20-2012 07:13 AM

I have used them for the past year. they are the best. Charlie really knows what he is talking about and their prices are always good.

jaw22w 12-20-2012 12:49 PM

I just purchased a new 383 roller motor from White performance. Motor runs great, but the new HEI unit I bought, for some reason, quit making spark. I had already modofied the vacuum advance and didn't want to return it for warranty. They sent me a new one, no charge, no shipping, no argument. Very good customer service. I will do business with them again.

fy54957 12-20-2012 04:00 PM

Have brought some parts from them to---Great people to deal with----I'll be buying a lot more parts from them

455olds 12-20-2012 04:22 PM

Nice to hear positive things. Usually we hear the complaint but not the praise. Thanks!

pwmcx95 12-21-2012 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOHNSHENOUDA (Post 1624967)
I have used them for the past year. they are the best. Charlie really knows what he is talking about and their prices are always good.

This thread is about Skip White Performance. Charlie does not work at Skip white Performance.:D

gearheadslife 12-21-2012 05:58 AM

an hei for 70 bucks scares me..

pwmcx95 12-21-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gearheadslife (Post 1625430)

It is actually $38.50:) for chevy.

JeffB 12-21-2012 02:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gearheadslife (Post 1625430)

One's been in my Ford 302 4 years White Performance Detail Description

gearheadslife 12-21-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwmcx95 (Post 1625549)
It is actually $38.50:) for chevy.

think I'll stick with ones built in texas