Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Skip Wite Performance 383 or ZZ383 crate motor???
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Veteran/Firefighter-EMT-I CRT

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIP WHITE
And to that I will add, there are just as many if not more that will and do approve of these heads. Have you surveyed this with all the machinists in the country. If your saying that these machinists find the Dart Platinum Pro 1's a better choice then I would have to aggree for many good reasons. But for several reasons, strange as some may be, the PC heads have a place, and they are very reliable and strong performers.
you mention that you guys build these motor's, that's weird cause i have seen the exact same motor with the exact same specs and exact same valve covers, everything, being sold by other performance shops.

i have nothing against skip white's performance shop as i have bought a few products online from them and they have been good quality and have been received in a very timely fashion.

you mention that these heads are strong performers, i disagree, they dont have good flow numbers at all. they dont flow any better than a set of RHS 180 pro actions and if you compair them to a set of RHS/DART/brodix/AFR... the list goes on heads with the same runner sizes you will really see where they are inferior. i've also heard that they are made with inferior metals/aluminum and that is why you can buy them online all day long for 649.99 (you get what you pay for).

i too know machinest who will use PC products, but only when given a very low budget or when dealing with someone who askes for them beacuse of their price, if you ask a machinest if they would build their own motor with them they will tell you NO!!!

one other thing is to use 210cc heads on a 383 with the hyd cam used and to make 440hp is all mismatched.