Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Skip Wite Performance 383 or ZZ383 crate motor???
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 02:57 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap72
Can you get the engine built to any desired bore size? Is there an additional charge to run a 4.125" bore- essentially a 400?

If those heads can be proved to be up to snuff you may have a pretty solid package there, granted its nothing extradorinary but at that price its a pretty good deal if the materials and machining are quality.

decent crank, decent, rods, good pistons, good bearings, decent cam, good block. all at a pretty nice price.

I would change a few things if I was building it (namely heads and cam), but perhaps its not such a bad deal for some people.
The Stage 3 is at 4.125 and the cnc'd heads are fabulous on this. We can't go more on the cam with 10.5 comp, well we could but your getting into Prostreet, with poor street manners, but that's what I like, few others like it though. You should go to utube and check out the in car video of the Stage 3 engine. The Scat 4340 is excellent, and the Probe SRS 2618 pistons are the top of the line. The bearings are King HP series, and we know the PC H-beam rods are great. The guys in the machine shop are race engine builders, and have an almost zero failure rate on buildups. Direct Motion did the heads the way we wanted them, not as Procomp wanted them.