Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Skip Wite Performance 383 or ZZ383 crate motor???
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Veteran/Firefighter-EMT-I CRT

Wiki Edits: 0

i'm not trying to chap your hind skip, i'm just going off what i have heard in the past, mainly about the 190cc, i dont know much about the 210cc. to most peoples belief 210cc on a motor that wont run 6500RPM is a bit much. but really as long as those higher runner size heads still have good flow numbers at lower lift and have a good consistant rate of increase going into a higher lift then you're really not going to loose anything at lower RPM
(this is what i was refering to when i mention a mismatch of parts, a high runner size with a non high reving cam)

you did say that they are solid performers and i guess for a low to mid 400hp expectation they may be, this is not the numbers i normally think of when i hear someone is useing 210cc heads i normally expect low to mid 500hp. i know that i bought a set of the DART iron eagle platinum 200cc heads had them angle milled to 58cc and had the flashing cleaned up and mild port and polish then flow tested and got a little better numbers then you mentioned with the DART pro 1's.

like others have mentioned it does sound as if you truely belive in what you are selling, and like i mentioned before i have bought things from you on e-bay in the past. i was very pleased in what i received before and i'm not trying to discredit your name. i'm just weary of PC products, reputation is butt and very hard to turn around once you have messed it up.

when i mentioned that i have seen this exact motor with the exact cam, heads, intake, valve covers, block etc. i was telling the truth, it was right when i first made a comment on the original post, i looked at another performance shop and saw it. it doesn't mean that you dont build the ones you have i just thought it was ironic.