Hot Rod Forum banner

slammin my knee action 38"

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Junkadelic 
#1 ·
Well fellas i figure this should get quite a few mixed emotions, but i have no morals so here it goes. I am attempting to lower my 1938 knee action shocks. I have seen two cars with it done, and i dont mind taking chances. I am trying to figure out if i can pull off the wheel support arm and re-install it at a different angle. does it have splines to work like that? Or is the spring adjustment nut the only way to alter the height.? If any body can help me understand how these shocks taken apart or altered without hurting the unit I would greatly appreiciate it. thanks, rat-on........ :evil:

#5 ·
these are the most bizarre front suspension set ups i have ever seen.The set up reminds you of a huge bottle jack with 2 trailing arms on the side , it doesnt really look like a regular cantilever shock. like what i have seen on other old cars. The shock unit actually articulates with the wheel . pivoting of the front beam , but all the tie rods and steering linksare seperate from the shock so it can be adjusted without, changing the geometry of the front. unlike my 56' chevy which now has an awsome cracked oil pan ! but it doesnt seem to mind too much , its still better than being in a junk yard...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.