Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - slight humming noise at idle and knocking? noise on slow acceleration
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 08:49 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

slight humming noise at idle and knocking? noise on slow acceleration

Alright back once again, i hope it's nothing serious this time, maybe it's just me being paranoid. But i just put this engine together. I've been told by some people that this may be noises from the roller rockers and or the camshaft(it's something like 500 lift, if that matters)? doesn't make sense to me, but i've been searching and can't find anything, and don't want to do any tearing down as it's a very very light noise, and is hopefully just me being paranoid. Anyway on to the problem. At idle occasionally you can hear a very light humming or whooping noise, this sound really doesn't worry me because it's so light i can't even dial in where it's coming from yet. The one that really worries me is on light acceleration, somewhere between 1k-2k rpm you can hear a very light knocking noise from the engine bay, or maybe tranny, i can't really say for sure. Since i can't get it to make the noise sitting still i can't really dial it in. It's so light you have to have the windows up and everything quiet and really be paying attention to hear it. So any ideas on what this might be folks? someone just tell me i'm being paranoid please!! thanks as always