Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Small base circle cam or not?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 05:52 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454C10 View Post
Stock 5.7 rods in a 400 should hit the cam and block. Also the 400 crank will required lots of work to fit the 5.7 rods (cutting and balancing).

You can buy "stroker 5.7 rods" which are already clearanced.

Since you are building a street engine, consider using stock 400 rods. Avoids lots of pit falls and cost.

No need for a split duration cam with afr heads. Intake and exhaust duration should be the same with those heads. If you don't use headers or have a restrictive exhaust system then the extra exhaust duration will be good.

I would use a cam with 230 degrees duration at 0.050" on both the intake and exhaust, 110 LSA, headers, dual 2-1/2 or 3", and setup the engine with 10:1 cr. Should make close to 500 hp with any rod.
As writted, i've chosen the scat part# 25700P because, they say this one with clearance for long stroke applications so, i tought that it would be OK? . I still have the stock ones but, how many hps they can tolerate? So, you think that with at least 230 duration, i should not get clearance problems with any con. rods? Interesting! I have 1 5/8 headres and dual 2 1/2 flowmaster 44 series.

Thanks!

Last edited by Coolrider; 03-08-2013 at 06:01 AM.