Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Small base circle cam or not?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 12:56 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
If you can squeeze the bank account,the roller cam is a much better choice,more power,better idle.
Before you buy the cam,you need the heads.
heads first,then match cam/intake/carb/headers.
The short block needs the CR matched and rods to fit.If you get a roller(highly recommended) then get a small base circle
what are the power figures that you want and what RPM range are you hoping to operate this engine?
Oh boy!

I know that... There's several points to consider in a setup. What i want is exactly the result obtained with the Lunati (60111) 20120711 1800-6000 with great acceleration stop light to stop light and that's the one i wanted but... Is not a small base circle and i still don't know if it could work with my factory 400 GM block??? (Does it work? I don't know?) Some says not enough duration, is not a single patern so, not a good idea with AFR 195 etc. etc. To be certain, in my confusion, I am going to reproduce the 406 Impersonator and i'll use 1.6 rockers at the intake. If it worked one time, it should once again?

Chevrolet 406 CI Engine Build - Chevy High Performance

Howard's suggested me the small base roller #119995-S but, i can't find it anywhere. It has almost the same specs than the 110885-10