Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Small base circle cam or not?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 01:20 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

read the article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolrider View Post
Oh boy!

I know that... There's several points to consider in a setup. What i want is exactly the result obtained with the Lunati (60111) 20120711 1800-6000 with great acceleration stop light to stop light and that's the one i wanted but... Is not a small base circle and i still don't know if it could work with my factory 400 GM block??? (Does it work? I don't know?) Some says not enough duration, is not a single patern so, not a good idea with AFR 195 etc. etc. To be certain, in my confusion, I am going to reproduce the 406 Impersonator and i'll use 1.6 rockers at the intake. If it worked one time, it should once again?

Chevrolet 406 CI Engine Build - Chevy High Performance

first thing
Howard's suggested me the small base roller #119995-S but, i can't find it anywhere. It has almost the same specs than the 110885-10
first thing I see in these magazine builds,especially with flat tappet cams(hydraulic) the sweet spot in the RPM range is 41-5600 rpm.
the roller cam engines usually have a wider spread in the sweet spot,closer to 2k,that type of engine is more than noticably better to drive. A lot of flat tappet hydraulic cams peak,then roll off in power very quickly.
Im not saying you have to rev to 6500 rpm,but once you feel that power you will at least understand why roller cams exist.
all the new cars rev 6500 from the factory