Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Small Block Chevy Top End Rebuild: How Much HP??
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2004, 11:36 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Smile Small Block Chevy Top End Rebuild: How Much HP??

hi everyone! im 18 years old and ive got a 1967 camaro with a Small Block Chevy 350 motor in it. the block is from a 78 malibu and is bored .030 over with forged crank and rods, and forged flat tops 9.5:1 ratio pistons(cant remember the brand name).as for the valvetrain it has a 260H comp cams camshaft and 1.52 roller tip com cams rockers to match. heads are other wise stock 76cc heads that have been resurfaced and have stock sized valves. the engine is topped off with an edelbrock performer intake and an edelbrock 600cfm carb. how the engine sets now it makes a 'guaranteed' 350HP at the fly. ive got a stock torque converter and TH350 tranny out of a 76 camaro and the stock 3.08 gears out back.

now for the upgrades!

1. up the cam to a 270H comp cams (highest you can go on a stock converter)
2. 64cc heads with 2.02/1.60 valves.
3. full roller rockers, either 1.5 or 1.6 ratio (havent decided yet.. still researching)
4. edelbrock air gap intake.
5. 750cfm edelbrock carb.

please let me know how much horsepower you think this new set up will make! and i am open to any suggestions you might have, so PLEASE feel free to post whatever you want! i would also like to know if anyone could guess what my new compression ratio would be with the new parts, as it is a 9.5:1 right now! thanks a bunch everyone!

here's some pics of my car so you guys know what im workin on!

http://www.geocities.com/purple1967camaro/

that pic was taken about a year ago. since then i dropped the front down low with 2" dropped spindles and did a front end suspension rebuild and disc brake conversion. and i put some thicker tires out back and some comp engineering traction bars on it!

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!

Last edited by purple1967camaro; 03-26-2004 at 11:53 PM.