Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Small Block Chevy Top End Rebuild: How Much HP??
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2004, 09:48 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The combo you propose isnt too bad.I should mention that while the cam company may say that the 270 cam is the biggest that will work with a stock convertor,you should know that for all around performance,any engine even a bone stock one will perform better with a slight stall speed increase.I would run about 2200 to 2500 with either the 260 or 270 cam.With a stock convertor the 270 cam will feel soft out of the hole,but it should idle OK in gear.
As for the combo,If you hav a true flat piston 355,I would top it with the 270 cam,a set of perfromer rpm heads,air gap intake,and 750 edelbrock,or 650 mechanical secondary holley carb,a good hei type ignition,and a set of 1 5/8" headers with 2.5" exhaust,and with a th350 and 2500 stall speed, and the equivelent of 3.55;s with 27 inch tall tires you will have a strong street combo that will overpower most true street tires that would fit in your stock wheelwell.You dont need much more then that.BTW,that combo will make a true 380hp in my book,and should put a 3400# street car into the mid 12's with good traction.Good luck.