Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Small Block Chevy Top End Rebuild: How Much HP??
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2004, 11:19 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

stepside454: the reason i said guaranteed 350 HP is because it was built at a local machine shop here called A.I.M.S. and they built what they call a 350/350 horse package. and they engine dyno all of their engines to ensure the advertised horsepower is correct. maybe your engine program calculates realworld horsepower or horsepower at the fly? and the second part about the 346HP with the new items i dont think that could be possible, because my friend has close to the same engine as what i want to get, except it has some 10.3:1 dome pistons and 76cc heads. and hes running well over 450HP. everything else on his engine is the same as what i listed above. thanks for the help!

Super Streeter: thanks for all the input! i have and HEI ignition and some hooker super comp headers, the 1 5/8's to 3 inch collectors. and i have an ok exhaust system, 2 1/4 chambered exhaust, no mufflers, with mechanical 2.5 inch exhaust cutouts that i can pull open from inside the cab. i was planning on eventually getting a new converter that had a stall speed of around 2000 since my powerband will begin around 1800rpm. and i wasnt sure whether to get 3.55 gears or 3.73. im planning on driving my car on the street a lot so im not sure which would be better for that. and as for the tires i got some T/A radials on it right now that are about 28 inches tall and 9 inches wide. and with the traction bars i hardly burn out at all!

Another question relating to this for you guys..
Do you think i would get more horsepower by putting a weiand 142 c.i.d. supercharger on my current engine than i would by putting on the new heads/cam/rollerrockers/intake/carb? thanks again!