Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Small Block Chevy Top End Rebuild: How Much HP??
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2004, 03:07 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Dont buy into dyno hype,tell the builder you want to know how fast the combo is going to make your car.In a 3400# camaro,450 true flywhel hp with a th350 trand and the proper convertor and gears should put you into the 12.0's or high 11's.I did this with an LT1 piston 355 with ported double hump heads and a 250 degree {at .050} solid flat tappet cam,a strip dominator intake and 750 mechanical carb with a 3500 stall convertor and 5.13:1 gears.I was spinning the engine to 7000 rpm to do it!I could have done more at a lower rpm with better heads,but this was back before good heads were readily available for smallblocks.I would say that the combo I had was making in the low to mid 400 hp range.You buddy doesnt sound like he is ready to run with that combo.So you need to know how fast you want to go and then build an engine to do the job,not build an engine to get a dyno sheet good luck.