Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Small Block Chevy Top End Rebuild: How Much HP??
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2004, 03:17 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

yes my friend has a 383 stroker sorry about the confusion on that. the heads he has are 76cc and they are world products torquer heads available from summit racing :

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...L%2D042670%2D1

with that out of the way. the engine Killerformula posted on here is close to the same as my friends engine, except for the cam in my friends car is a 280H so has a tiny bit lower duration and is nothing compared to a roller cam, his carb is edelbrock 750, his intake is performer RPM air gap, his heads are the world industries heads shown above, and he has some big *** keith black dome pistons (ill get you the actual dome size next time i talk to him) oh and his ignition is an HEI dist with msd cap, rotor, coil, and wires. the exhaust is the same (2.5 inch piping) same forged crank and 5.7" rods and his comp ratio is somewhere abouts 10.3-10.5:1. so those dome pistons could possibly throw him up over the 450 HP mark.

can someone please give me some advise on if should really go through all this cam and head trouble or would i get more power out of a Weiand 142 c.i.d. supercharger?

THANKS!!