Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Small business opportunity. What ya'll think?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 09:01 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Not going to post the price, but PM me if you really care to know. Business and hobby expenditures are two different ball games.

The funny thing is that this business has made it for over 10 years with terrible management and most recently did better with good managment and owners that never even go in the place. I dont have a ton of time to invest, but a little has got to be better than none.

I have been in industry for about 5 years and have alot of ideas about business managment from experience and things I have seen and done in my regular job. I also have a minor in business administration so I am not completely uneducated in the deal. My sister is an accountant to boot so that is nice. She went over the books with me and thinks it is a good deal. She just said it needs some better money managment, which I had already concluded. To give you an idea, the current owner handed me the year end reports from his accountant and said " I dont know what any of this means, but you can look at it. Maybe my partner can explain some of it."

When I looked through it, I understood 90% of it and my sister cleared up the rest.

I would also add that my wife and I already work out there 4 times a week so I am very familiar with the business and I have seen it grow over the last 3 years.

Chris