Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Small business opportunity. What ya'll think?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 05:53 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Chris,
I'm only trying to help, so I want to give you some negative feedback for you to sort out.
I own two different businesses, one is a 7 million a year business and the other 26-million and there are just some things you said that make no sence to me.

The business your looking at is a very competitive business, they seem to close up as fast as they open. So with ownership at arms length and bad management, how is there a profit being made??
Are the books cooked? Few businesses today can handle the above scenario and stay in business.

What does the owners know that you don't?
If I was doing no work in a business that made money, would I sell? Hell no.
Bad management? So what! If your making money you offer $20,000 more a year to hire a top notch manager and it will make you more money.

Could it be?
They just found out there next years insurance will not be renewed? or go up 5 times in price with less coverage? Could be! and this is a major problem today for business.
Could it be?
They have herd of plans for a chain to come to town?
Could it be they are planning to build a new building and open a chain one?
Could it be?
The equipment they have now is at the end of its life span and now a major investment will need to be made?

Such a good deal, the owners don't have relatives that they like enough to sell a business like this to?

Just some things to think about.