Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - small divits in clear coat
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 10:59 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

small divits in clear coat

i did a full paint job along with body work, used omni base and high solids clear coat.
the car was epoxy coated 2k primered wet sanded, 2 k primered a 2nd time, wet sanded, epoxy sealed 3 coats there was a issue with the final coat so that was dryed and wet sanded at 600, based 3 coats, cleared 20 mins after base applied, 3 wet coats, let dry for 3 days wet sanded at 600 applied graphix's washed with mild soap and water rinsed well dryed let sit 2 days to air dry. wiped down with wax and greese remover { wipe on wet wipe with dry clean towel} then 4 wet coats applied 20 mins between coats and was tack tested inbetween coats. let dry for one week.
wet sand down to 3000 grit washed and dryed, waited 3 days cut and polished.

ok heres the problem, during the wet sanding these little divits were not there, during cutting they werent there. i cut one day polished the 2nd, after the polish they werent there. 4 days later, i start seeing a couple of these divits here and there but not in a group or any where close to gether. several days latter while assembling the car im starting to see a couple more but not like fish eyes in one spot or solovent pops in one area, there like 3 foot away from each other and there smooth just like there was a crator there before hand, but with the amount of prep i put into it with the wet sanding and all and them not showing, but after cutting and polishing and several days later. after polish the area was looked at with a sun gun.
if any one knows what this is please let me know, there was alot of dust in the clear. but everything seemed to come out in wet sand and cutting.
and can i rough up the divit a bit and dab in some clear to fill the area then wet sand and buff those areas again.
please i need some ideas.