Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Small paint bubbles/blisters
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 03:59 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReflectImage View Post
As to the OP Question: If he did everything according to Hoyle, then it could be, like Deadbodyman suggested a couple drops of sweat or wrong primer.

For the our situation with the deck lid and dozens of small bumps: I think the only answer is to put it in the Archives under "Unsolved Mystery's" & "Lesson Learned". Having said this, I seemed to remember the reason we continued to use one light coat of DP40 thinned down, under the paint. If not for insurance against chemical burn-in,....then because we noticed that the polyurethane seemed to lay down flatter and smoother. It might not behave the same now that the lead is gone. This was our hobby - turned restoration pro and made our living for twenty-some years.

Glad DP40 no longer has lead in it,...this is one hazard of the trade, that needed to be gone.
Reflections
I agree, unsolved mystery's it is.

Your right about the DP40 and the lead content...it was deadly...but, ever since they took the lead out, it wasn't quite the same product...just like Centauri from Dupont...when they took the lead out of that Acrylic Enamel it never seemed to cover as well (if I remember correctly yellows where a real bear to get coverage on after they took the lead out) or shine as much and the durability seemed to drop of as well.

But that's old school paint and water under the bridge.

Ray