Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Small shop / electrical help.
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 09:53 PM

Last wiki edit: How to document your project
Last journal entry: 1949 Olds -- Rotisserie, pt. 9
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Sorry about the delay in answering these questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztoy
As far as the grd and neutral wires being under the same lugs in your house panel, do you mean the branch circuits, or the wires feeding the panel? If its the branch circuit wires, thats ok if the lugs are rated for that many wires. Some are, some are not. The grd and neutral should be bonded together in that panel already, so no problemo.
The branch circuits -- each one has its ground and neutral under the same lug on the buss bar. Not being an electrician, I just mimicked what was there as I replaced and added over the years. When I was asking around about rewiring my garage, an electrician told me that there should only be 1 wire in each position on that buss. Everything else he told me has been confirmed over and over, so I'm going to just grit my teeth and separate those things.

Quote:
Can you re-feed the 12's that are in the 2" pipe any other way?
I think there are enough knock-outs left in the bottom of the box to move all of those to their own holes. I always wondered why that bunch had been done that way; there's nothing special about them. Almost all of my additions have been through the top of the box.

Quote:
btw, whereabouts in Ky are you? I have relatives in Louisville, and the Tolu/Marion areas.
Louisville is a couple of hours drive from me. I'm near Mammoth Cave National Park, out in the sticks.