Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Small shop / electrical help.
View Single Post
  #53 (permalink)  
Old 09-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Mustangsaly's Avatar
Mustangsaly Mustangsaly is offline
Last photo:
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 1,071
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by tattoo3
I guess I would do it wrong. becauseI would just run 3 110v 20 amp circuts with #10/2 right out of my panel box.

here in Nebraska, if you feed another panel from your main service panel, you need 4 wires 2 hots & a Neutral & a Ground and not bond the subpanel. and a separate structure with a sub panel might need a ground rod, but would need to look that up to be sure i think this is nec, but don't feel like looking it up right now don't mater if the building is attached or not. might be some thing in the code book like a subpanel of more than 60amps and a blank amount of feet from main panel, it's considered a subpanel. on a lot of side jobs, i could get buy with cutting the meter seal and pulling the meter if i needed, some power company's here, will just tell you to cut the seal if needed. residential work, new or old were not even inspected in any way here, until 6 or so yrs back. that shed imo needs a 60 breaker in main panel and 4 #6 in conduit run to a unbonded sub panel in shed, but 3 or 4 20amp 12/2 w/ground circus run from main panel (each circuit feed from a single 20amp breaker) to feed the shed receptacle & lights. would work. kinda gota figure distance from panel to receptacle or light too.

Everyone is a electrician, and on farm places i've found some krazy things, i guess in the beginning, i dug a lot with a shovel and crawled in attics and under houses, plus grain bins, grain legs, ben dryers, ect. but i gota Love (new) commercial and thats all we do, is big commercial jobs. but still do some residential jobs on the side, butt now i can pick & choose my residential jobs
Reply With Quote