Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Small shop / electrical help.
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 04:44 PM

Last wiki edit: Wiring diagram 1953 Chevrolet
Last journal entry: Spare Tire Dent Removal
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 647

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangsaly
YUP THIS IS WRONG ^

Everyone is a electrician, and on farm places i've found some krazy things, i guess in the beginning, i dug a lot with a shovel and crawled in attics and under houses, plus grain bins, grain legs, ben dryers, ect. but i gota Love (new) commercial and thats all we do, is big commercial jobs. but still do some residential jobs on the side, butt now i can pick & choose my residential jobs
Your right about that! I once had to do some cement work on a bin at the other end of the home quarter. I had a cement mixer with a 1/4 horse electric motor on it. I ended up plugging two wires off the barbed wire fence in to a extension cord and plugged the other end in to the mixer. Talk about line loss! Had to kick the top pulleyof the mixer when we had more than six shovels full of gravel in the hopper.

This was our third alternative. The first one was to mix the concrete, dump it in a wheel barrow, wheel it up a plank into the bed of an old Chevy pickup, drive across the field, down the plank and dump it in the forms. Couple of things didn't work out with that plan. First one was running the wheel barrow up the plank and then stopping it, after going through the back window and putting 1/10 of a yard of concrete into the cab, we decided to put a block of wood as a stop. The next was driving across a field with a barrow of wet concrete a little too fast for the terrain, badger holes are bigger than gopher holes by at least half a wheel. The driver ended up picking concrete out of his ears and it took about 20 pails of water to wash out the cab, some of which the driver was still in the cab.

So as you can see, necessity was the Mother of invention. When your 15 and you have a very active mind, you can think of almost anything. One thing about that 1/4 horse motor, the neighbour said that it didn't seem to want to run right after we brought it back. Had to get it re-wound, I believe. Don't know why, it worked fine for us boys!