Hot Rod Forum banner

Smallest cheapest power steering pump?

7K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  dave2017 
#1 ·
Hey hows it going all you wonderful hotrod people. I had a question maybe someone could help me out with. Im building a Chevy luv with a 400 sbc and decided to swap the old manual steering box out for a power unit. However seeing as how im limited on space with it being such a small truck and I would like to still be able to close the hood and keep the battery in the engine compartment a swell im having to use things like short water pump and no radiator fan. Anyway can one of you guys suggest a cheap and small power steering pump that would fit the lower drivers side of my engine and mount up with only the short water pump bolt holes and still have clearance on a bullet alternator bracket? I had ordered one of the Saginaw pumps and im not seeing it fit very nicely.

The block doesn't have power steering pump bracket holes and im looking for a way to get one on there thats going to be recessed enough to go with a serpentine belt. Ive included a picture to better illustrate what im trying to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

The red circle represents where the pully would be and the green lines are what the belt is going to be like. I just want to get on the road with this and power steering.

See less See more
#5 ·

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.