Smokey Yunick's Adiabatic Engine - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2012, 11:27 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Smokey Yunick's Adiabatic Engine

Well, with the rising cost of gas, I am in the process of building a mild motor and have been searching for better fuel mileage like everyone else. So, being over 50 years of age I typed in my browser Smokey Yunick for the hell of it trying to remember the tricks I learned from his book....I suddenly came up with an article on one of his inventions where he got 50 miles per gallon out of a Pontiac Fiero that GM gave him to play with after they learned that he really did do it....
So, if you believe, or not believe here is something to chew on for all you scientist in your back yard..Just maybe you can reproduce what the Japanese are trying to do...They are close to getting R done....

Here are some articles to read:
http://www.rexresearch.com/yunick/yunick.htm
http://www.gafiero.org/smokey.shtml
http://www.legendarycollectorcars.co...clusive-video/

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 12:16 AM

Last journal entry: Garrell's rides
Last photo:

Smokey

My Wife gave me the three volume book autographed by Smokey, he was an amazing untrained engineer.and did a lot of other things most people have never heard of. Good luck with the engine project.

Garrell Payyerson
Old 03-07-2012, 02:21 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrell.770
My Wife gave me the three volume book autographed by Smokey, he was an amazing untrained engineer.and did a lot of other things most people have never heard of. Good luck with the engine project.

Garrell Payyerson
I remember when I had blonde hair, yet I was in my late 20's and read his book, How to hotrod the small block chevy authored by Fisher....Boy, Smokey had some idea's on the 400 block....I bought TRW forged pistons with the pin located lower and put them on 5.7 rods with the 3.75 crank....Put in a Phase II Chevy cam and that thing ran like a scalded dog!

About 3 years ago, I was walking a hot rod show out in Williams, Arizona... I started talking to a man from Great Britain, who was on vacation to see the Grand Canyon....He said that he was "agassed" at all the big cars with big engines and scolded me, how we Americans should have cars like they do that get up to 40 miles per gallon~! I told him how we do not have control over this due to Big Corporations in control of the puppet masters....
What can we do that Smokey did back in the 80's?

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.