Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Snap-On Compressor Junk
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 08:40 AM
my KARMA ran over my DOGMA

Last journal entry: SS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Snap-On Compressor Junk

Many of you may already know this but I did not and want to pass along some disturbing info/warning.

Snap-On tool company has apparently sold its name to a china man or is being impersonated here. COSTCO is selling a 2HP 20 gallon air compressor with the snap-on tool logo all over it made in China. Wifey called me she was in the store and told me about this nice compressor she was looking at for 200 bucks. When she told me the name snap-on it sparked some interest and she also said it was advertised as a cast iron oil lube pump with dual regulators and fittings. I need another pump so I told her to buy it, thats a good deal I figured,,,

The only good thing about it is the tank and regulators, the pump is light cast aluminum not cast iron the only thing cast iron is the cylinder portion and the four 1/4" head bolts look like they would be on a kids toy. I was somewhat disappointed with it I mean this is snap-on right? I ran it in for 30 minutes with the tank drain valve open, barely any air escaping the pump is a POS. After 30 minute run in it took 15 minutes to get the 20 gallon tank to 125 psig. It all went back in the box and back to the store, what a waste of time.

It can't be a real deal snap-on compressor????? just don't buy one

TJ