Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Snap-On tools are for fools
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 10:47 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I am not a pro, but I went through a phase where I chased down the snap-on guy and bought a ton of stuff from him, always with cash. I spent over 10k with the guy.

I brought him some tools to warranty, 2 large screw drivers and a locking flex head ratchet (which was my fav. tool) he said he did not have what he needed to warranty them and that he would hold on to them fix them then give them to me the next time I saw him. I never saw the guy again. I called and beeped called and beeped for 2 years.

On 2 seperate ocasasions I contacted his district manager. Both times I told they were going to fix the problem, they didn't.

I think many of their tools are good, great even, but not worth the money nor the time needed to get a warranty (if you can get it).

Snap-on can kiss my butt I am forever mat at that company, I look at it as though they stole from me.

Sears on the other hand has tools that are way cheaper and on the rare occasion I need to get something warrantied it's painless.

I hope you are sucessful in getting people to not buy tools from them.

Last edited by pittbull7934; 09-24-2009 at 11:12 PM.