Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Snap-On tools are for fools
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 05:42 AM

Last journal entry: test
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

woodz,

I know the feeling I have worked at the same place for the last 18 years, once I accumulated my tools and the buying slowed down then the snap on dealer stopped coming around!! I have several broken 3/8 drive impact swivals and no way of fixing them.. we do still have a matco guy though.... one thing you mentioned harbour freight, I would be a little carefull buying from them I would stick to sears, homedepot , and lowes... these are all very good tools... you will find it you buy tools from say HF. say a line wrench that it will stretch and strip the nut.. and that a few of the larger sockets for axle nuts etc won't fit in the hub of a lot of cars so I would stick to the three I mentioned above.... I must say I feel your frustration!!!! there are alot of younger (even though I am pretty young) guys out there that think the tool makes the mechanic.. don't fall into this trap... the tool is just that a tool does nothing for the skills of the mechanic... so don't go out buying a Motis 11,000.00 dollars for a scanner and think you are a great tech now... I bought an otc genysis and think it is better than the motis ... the motis is just the vantage and a scanner .. a vantage is just a DVOM so don't buy that either... anyway woodz you present a good lession that many of us have fallen victim too and that is wanting what is said to be the best when why do we need the best, it doesn't make us any better just poorer... and once you have enough tools where you arn't buying many anymore you will see your dealer dissapear... anyway that is my 2 cents...