Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Snap-On tools are for fools
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Troll Hunter

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleen56
I'm not a mechanic by trade but I know several who are. The reason they purchased Snap On was the importance of showing customers they have quality tools, and hopefully working with quality tools that will last. For the most part, I think my friends are happy with their tools, however I am seeing them purchasing tools from Craftsmen due to saving money. I take pride in my tools as well, but as a backyard mechanic and weekend warrior, the Craftsmen tools work fine. In fact, I've never had problems with them. I've even bought wrenches from Harbor Freight, that I enjoy using more than my Protos or Craftsmen. Just like any other business these days, (sad but true) Customer service and quality is a thing of the past. And they wonder why people stop purchasing and they have to file bankruptcy?

Just my two pennies folks.
Ed
I agree with all your comments. I think one of the reasons that you are seeing them buy more Craftsmen tools is that the quality is higher than it was. I don't mean that they broke, but as far as finish,etc. they have improved enormously in the last few decades. They as well as other tool companies( remember what I said about tool manufacturing) have upgraded to the standard that was once a Snap-OFF exclusive. IT no longer is and since Snap-OFF cares little for customer service, they really offer NOTHING. Especially to young Techs that are under the false assumption that all the tool loans that they have with them will help their credit rating, it doesn't, won't and never will. However a Sears credit card that you can buy Craftsmen tools with DOES.
Tell the Snap-OFF dealer to take a hike and tell them I told you to. I'd love to have one of those greedy b@stards confront me over it. Really!