Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Snap-On tools are for fools
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 04:31 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

In the heavy machinery repair trade the quality, or lack of, will show pretty quick on a tool and when the chips were down it was Snap-On, S&K, Proto and Mac that could be counted on. I have seen Craftsman (not just Craftsman but several brands) tried more than once and results were not all that good but then to be fair what we were doing was asking far more than they were designed for or priced for, for this reason I have always recommended Snap-On for the beginning professional but the facts can not be denied. Snap-On service has fallen off badly in the last few years and we keep hearing it more and more, there is no question about the truth of what woods is saying and he is not alone in his plight! Snap-on service has sunk to a new low lately and with the improvement in quality of some of the "off" brand tools I would think Snap-On is a short timer which is going to leave a lot of people with some VERY expensive orphaned tools. I would no longer buy Snap-On and would no longer recommend them to anyone because dependable as they are the after sales service was supposed to be a big part of what the buyer was paying for and without it no tool is worth the prices they charge!

We were lucky at my shop and the Snap-On man could be counted on, he should have been dependable because the local shops and the mines have made him a heck of a lot of money!