Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Snap-On tools are for fools
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 07:35 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I had a discussion with both my Snap-on and Mac tools guy’s about this very subject.

Both explained this side of the problem. If you show up every week and nobody buys anything, do you continue stopping there? Obviously, you have to make a decision, and it may not be favorable to the shop. The other reason is they were burnt once too often at a location. Both told me that even if I or another person who are good customers began employment at these locations they still wouldn’t service that location because they would have to service everyone else that worked there.

Don’t think I’m altogether with just their side of things. I got into it with my Snap-On rep about every time I go on his truck all he carries is “made in Japan” Blue-Point crap. Tried to purchase a Devillbiss gun and all he could offer me were Blue-Point junk. Had to have my Mac rep order it and it took two months to arrive. Same thing with a warranted half-inch impact extension.

Sad part of this story is that in the near future all tools will be made overseas at inflated prices. Be prepared to take a trip to emergency for a broken knuckle when your tools start to fail.