Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Snap-On tools are for fools
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 12:05 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

If you have a good SO guy you get good service. When he quits or retires you have a pot shoot if you get any service.

I'm 51 and grew up doing ag and heavy construction repair. I've used Craftsman successfully for many years.

I have spent more then 40k on Snap on as well over the years. The tools that I have the most problems warrantying have been Snap on. Some dealers are great others are just plain crooks.

Now for the comment on independent tool dealers. There are many of them around the country.

There is no Franchise junk when you do it. You buy a truck or van. Find a good distributor that will work with you stock up and hit the streets.

The most common tools on them are SK, Armstrong and some Wright. Gearwrench is starting to become more common.

You buy the tools wholesale and sell them retail. Lisle,OTC,Sunnex and several others supply most of the special tools. (They also supply many of SO,MAC, and Matco's)