Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Snap-On tools are for fools
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,165 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggy2
bla bla bla thats all i hear,snap-on is the maker of fine quality tools i know ,i have been a mechanic for 35 years and my tool box is full there is around at last count 85,000 dollars in the stupid box,but anyways you know the snap-on dude wont show up at your shop if you never buy anything,come on now if you were selling tools ,would you go to places that dont buy tools HELL NO,so if you want to see him buy something sometimes,i got the same problem and im in canada but if i buy a thing or two ,he shows up every secon week to see if he cant get some of my money and that's when i nail him with broken tools,it's not rocket science get with the program LOL.

I am always blown away by the figures guys throw out there that they have in tools.

I know that a mechanic has more specialty tools, many more sometimes.

I know that some guys have tool boxes full of tools they don't use.

I have made a living for 35 years with my tools and I have $12500 including the box! Most Snap On or Mac, all quality tools, and I don't "need" any more. How is it I can do this and others need fifty grand in tools?

Brian