Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Snap-On tools are for fools
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Ask me, Cause I don't know

Last journal entry: Need things to do.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

My first Snap-on Dealer sold tools out of his '55 2dr station wagon. He finally got too old. This was in the late '60. Old fella. Great old guy. He would charge tools too.

Until 1980 or so the dealers would just give you a new ratchet if yours broke.

THEN it changed, they would repair them, or have to send them in. If my impact went out I didn't need to wait several weeks to get a replacement. He started to catch a lot of flack from all of us. One dealer did carry rebuilt to replace your broken ratchet and such. I did not mind that. Scratched broken tool, for a scratched working one. Some of it was not his fault, as Snap-on changed on how they treated the dealers on this stuff. I did have one tool man that actually worked for Snap-on. I have not seen a poor tool dealer.

I later bought tools from a "tool guy" that sold tools out of the trunk of his caddy. He did stand behind what he sold. Good CP air stuff. He finally died . I have never had a tool man since then.

My first tool set was one of those Craftsman with Big top and bottom boxes, plus a bunch of tools. I still have them. Some Mac stuff tools.

Last edited by PapaG; 11-23-2009 at 02:48 PM.