Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Snap-On tools are for fools
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 03:35 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

mixed bag is better?

my father was a 50s rodder and he started out using any old thing he could that still wasn't broken. later along comes Snap On and he finally sees real quality, relative to the day. Goes nuts and buys it all. later I come along and putter in the garage with what lays around, no snap on, thats all locked in the big box. Dad helps me choose my first Craftsman 600 pc set, and its not bad but does not do any more or less than dad's worn snap on stuff. years have passed and now I have 2 craftsman sockets, total. the rest is pretul, lisle, wurth, obi or any other brand that offered a great tool at a good price. none of it cheap!!! even some of the german stuff, which cost big, is made in asian countries but is soooo nice! (wurth) bottom line, get what works and breaks the least!!! even my chinese 3/4 socket set has 3 years of use in heavy equiptment service and I have not broken one thing....that cost 100 dollars....just avoid putting them on the impact and they hold up. abuse is a bigger problem than guarantees sometimes! use your head and rest your wallets.