Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The Snow Man Arrested for sexual assault??
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 05:00 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,269 Times in 1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by against all odds View Post
i'd like to delve back into the psychology of abuse;

Why would someone like G.S.--if he did do it/sandusky etc. do something like this?

a) If you have a lot of money and/or status why risk it?

b) If you have certain urges, there are ways to divert or suppress them. For example we all love money, but most of us will not rob a bank---even if the risk of getting caught is low.

c) i'm not sure why, if one was abused themselves, why this would cause them to repeat the process?

Do you know of any links that discuss the psychology of these adverse actions? Perhaps by learning more about it we could possibly prevent it in the future? In fact, i think we need to make this a top priority in society.
There are thousands of sites discussing this I would think, do some google searches. It is all way to complex of a subject to look for any answers realistically.

Basically, the mind is very complex and makes people do things that others with a normally functioning mind can't imagine.

Why isn't it top priority? Because it doesn't happen to enough people to start a revolt.

Brian