The Snow Man Arrested for sexual assault?? - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 02:42 PM
Bye Jerks

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpoet View Post
Just because a man may be a hero, it does not mean he is a role model. Look at tons of athletes and actors.

O.J. Simpson comes to mind.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Banned User

Last photo:

i'd like to delve back into the psychology of abuse;

Why would someone like G.S.--if he did do it/sandusky etc. do something like this?

a) If you have a lot of money and/or status why risk it?

b) If you have certain urges, there are ways to divert or suppress them. For example we all love money, but most of us will not rob a bank---even if the risk of getting caught is low.

c) i'm not sure why, if one was abused themselves, why this would cause them to repeat the process?

Do you know of any links that discuss the psychology of these adverse actions? Perhaps by learning more about it we could possibly prevent it in the future? In fact, i think we need to make this a top priority in society.

Last edited by against all odds; 11-20-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,128 Times in 1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 632Mantis View Post
O.J. Simpson comes to mind.

Did you hear about the dipwad who is claiming he killed them. Guess he went and planted dna evidence in OJ"s car and glove behind his house, cut OJ's hand and stole some blood to leave at the scene.

Brian
Old 11-20-2012, 04:00 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by against all odds View Post
i'd like to delve back into the psychology of abuse;

Why would someone like G.S.--if he did do it/sandusky etc. do something like this?

a) If you have a lot of money and/or status why risk it?

b) If you have certain urges, there are ways to divert or suppress them. For example we all love money, but most of us will not rob a bank---even if the risk of getting caught is low.

c) i'm not sure why, if one was abused themselves, why this would cause them to repeat the process?

Do you know of any links that discuss the psychology of these adverse actions? Perhaps by learning more about it we could possibly prevent it in the future? In fact, i think we need to make this a top priority in society.
There are thousands of sites discussing this I would think, do some google searches. It is all way to complex of a subject to look for any answers realistically.

Basically, the mind is very complex and makes people do things that others with a normally functioning mind can't imagine.

Why isn't it top priority? Because it doesn't happen to enough people to start a revolt.

Brian
Old 11-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Living At The Speed Of Life

Last photo:

Read this, very disturbing.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:08 AM

Last photo:

That is too disturbing to read, got a little bit at first and that is enough. Honestly, what is reading it good for? It's disgusting and disturbing and isn't a damn thing I can do about it, or learn from it other than to bring me down so I didn't read any further.

Brian
Old 11-22-2012, 08:13 AM

That's sick if true
Old 11-22-2012, 09:08 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Did you hear about the dipwad who is claiming he killed them. Guess he went and planted dna evidence in OJ"s car and glove behind his house, cut OJ's hand and stole some blood to leave at the scene.

Brian
Martin, don't forget how there was a mixture of his blood and Nicole's in his car's carpet, and if you saw the crimescene how it could the killer have not stepped in blood? Don't forget about the freshly worn socks with Nicole's blood. I never knew how powerful racebaiting could be til OJ was set free.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:12 AM

Last photo:

Henry, you thought I was serious in my comments, I was joking, there was never a case more solid without any doubt what so ever than OJ's that piece of scum killed those people. Anyone who was up on that trial knows this, it is ludicrous for someone to say they did it, they must be so out of touch it isn't funny. Take claim to some unsolved murder, these are SOLVED, OJ did it.

On the race issue, it was SICK what they did. Race had NOTHING to do with it, other than race is a factor in the DNA evidence, that is all race had to do with it.

Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
tech69 (11-22-2012)
Old 11-22-2012, 09:17 AM
put up or shut up

Last journal entry: saying goodbye to the beast
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malc View Post
what I find funny is that the writer thinks statistics need to be truthful and blunt, but here in America, we can't look at one fact about racial statistics with any honesty unless it makes white people look bad. That's the honest to god truth. There's no mending issues if you can't face it with honesty and so the political correctness is actually HINDERING progress of society.

Last edited by tech69; 11-22-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.