Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - So called "show quality paint"????
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 01:15 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shine
in restoration you can not make the car better than factory. a laser straight early vette is destroyed as far as original goes. you must return it to it's original condition. the waves and imperfections must remain. i have had to regelcoat a vette because it had been redone by some custom shop that knew nothing about restorations.

thtas right. there is a corvette resto shop around here and thats all they do is those ncrs cars. i know the painter and he said its such a pia. you will spend all this time and effeort on the car then goto a show and the judges tell you the chrome and paint are too shiney. me personally i just can get into replicating factory crap but thats just because i am not interested in that stuff. being a custom painter i am just used to making everything as flawless as possible. each way you go is an artform in itself. however shoddy work on something thats should be "show quality" is just poor craftsmanship