Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - So called "show quality paint"????
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 02:06 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I agree Bob and i think the term restoration with some that really don't know turned the term into dull bad paint.

Any good restoration the paint will be better then factory and glossy, the door gaps on a 69 camaro or Mustang will be perfect and they were not that way from the factory.

Having done many vettes including the fulie I brought up, every gap was made perfect and the base was cleared , wet-sanded and re-cleared slick as can be or any street rod job but the original color Roman red was used of course. Only the small spots of over spray in the areas that were required were carefully done to spec.
Knowing vettes that model would back then have been worth $20,000 less if the doors were blocked straight and to day you could take off $50,000.
Like the guy from Ohio that purchased mine said, the paint and gaps are better then we put out but your blocking and taping needs help.

He sure was a lot less rude the next day after he researched it.

Also shinny paint nor a base clear is a deduction under any of the major point rules today. Now under the survivor class in vetts a unrubbed lacquer may edge out a base clear if the lacquer is sprayed right.
But the survivor class is a class in its own.

Last edited by BarryK; 12-21-2006 at 02:11 PM.