Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - So called "show quality paint"????
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 05:14 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
THAT is what detailing is. And THAT is what most of the big boys miss, well sometimes. Brian

That is funny, One of those big boys and his wife spent the night with us
last night as they flew in to look at a car I found for sale.
He has two full time detailers and they spend an average of 7-10 days per car and that is there only job. The head detailer was a professional painter before so not cheap help.

A guy up in Mi is building a car and spent almost two weeks just detailing the axle and frame after he had shot three coats of clear on it and wet-sanded it with 600 and shot three more coats.
Plus between primer sandings and base sanding the owner spends about 30 minutes with a magnify glass before the painter can proceed.
I know this because he calls me a couple times a week.
No Brian you won't see this car at the Burgerking monthly drive-in show but it will be at the majors and first one is Cobo Hall.

The competition is so competitive at any of the major shows it is just impossible for most of us to compete anymore or I should say, we that do it as we have time after work and weekends.

If your so much better you should build a car to show and make them all look bad.
I'm man enough to say I can no longer compete.