Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - So called "show quality paint"????
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 06:47 AM
SPI Thug

Last journal entry: some progress
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

the most important reason for these cars to be less than perfect has been over looked here. very few people want to pony up the money to do them. these kind of jobs don't come out of body shops period. it takes the better part of a year to do one unless you have a sizable crew working on them. a good painter will do the best he can with what he has to work with. this is a business and must be run that way. if you have a 150 hr bid on paint you cant spend 300 hrs on it. i've been at this all my life and have had the privilege to know some damn good painters. when we were young we gave it away just to show our stuff but as time went on we had to get real and make a living. a top shelf body rehab cost a min of 25k today. most young guys fail because they try to do this kind of work for 5k and cant make any money to keep the doors open. an empty shop cost less to run than one full of cheap paint jobs. i'm kinda like ole barry. blow smoke up my butt and i'll blow smoke rings saying " show me "