Hot Rod Forum banner

So I was walking through a junkyard today...

800 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Hippie 
#1 ·
And I came across this jewell..... I'm currently checking with my wife to see if I can get it!!!

Greg

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
What is that? A Mopar?? I have heard of people installing SBC's in them,but that is a first. I was about to make a famous wise a** remark like I usually do,but the engine shot put me in my place this time. Looks as though it may be a SBC,just has the big old Mopar style alternator on it,that is what caught my eye so quickly.

#3 ·
318?

Man I have worked on enough of these 240-260, 280 Z's
To tell you right now you don't want it!

That surface rust you see on bottom of door and rocker will be big enough to pull the engine through when you take a grinder to it.

Bet you the floor boards and trunk is paper thin, if any.
Thats the normal deal with these things.

#4 ·
RCastle said:
What is that? A Mopar?? I have heard of people installing SBC's in them,but that is a first. I was about to make a famous wise a** remark like I usually do,but the engine shot put me in my place this time. Looks as though it may be a SBC,just has the big old Mopar style alternator on it,that is what caught my eye so quickly.

It's definitely a Baby Mopar motor.

BarryK is right those things rust BAD, BAD, BAD!!!!! Probably why it's there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.