Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - so, uh, will white lithium grease work on a speedo cable or not?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 08:34 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Morris update 9-28-2014
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

Cool

I locked the thread that you brought up because the last response was in december of 2003 , till you posted.

Now you have a new thread and fresh answers.

I would speed-O cables with axle grease. It does not get real cold here in central Arizona

Quote:
Originally posted by bullheimer
i searched. i found. i posted and then the thread got closed down so here it is. lots of posts in the search said use white lithium on the speedometer cable, and some (4JC) said NO! use moly dust. well i couldn't find any so i used graphite powder. i took out my cable, wiped it off and sprayed that dust all over (graphite, not moly). put it back together and it didn't do SQUAT!. I can either take my whole cable out thru the floor again and use carb cleaner to blow out the old grease and maybe then try the dust again, or try to find moly dust. but it would be a whole HELLOFALOT easier to just remove the cable from the housing again and slap white lithium all over it an reassemble it.
some of you have tried it. i just want to know the results in cold weather. does it work or not??? sorry for being LONG WINDED AGAIN