Hot Rod Forum banner

So what is the most ridiculas thing you have seen people do while driving?

3K views 51 replies 38 participants last post by  home brew 
#1 ·
Today I was at a stop light on the way to work. I looked over to see a woman plucking hairs off her chin with tweezers!! :pain:

The other day, again on the way to work I look over at a light and there is a woman sqeezing a zit!! :pain: :pain: :pain:

These were not crack whores or something, they looked like well dressed "ladies" (a "lady" would never do that) who wouldn't think of doing that at the park, or on their front porch for that matter. But while in a car, they think no one can see them?? :confused:

Brian

#3 ·
killerformula said:
I've seen more than one person reading the newspaper or a book up against their steering wheel rolling down the highway.

K

Saw that too about 12 years ago between Boscobel and Fennimore on the way to my classes at teh tech school. I laughed so hard when a State Trooper busted him...

In a while, Chet.

#4 ·
Well back when I was in high school, I was in the band and we had to go to an away football game.
On the way there, the bus passed a car with a young couple in it........And lets just say Im sure the girl's head hit the steering wheel with the back of her head a couple times :thumbup:
Im sure its pretty embarrassing though when you have about 50 kids pointing and laughing at the car next to them! :D

Brad

#5 · (Edited)
killerformula said:
I've seen more than one person reading the newspaper or a book up against their steering wheel rolling down the highway.

K
thats what my bossman does but with a road map while he's driving the toter

i can't say the weirdest but the coolest thing (i like seeing) is women flashing me. they do it alot along the beach and especially during spring break :thumbup:

another thing i see once in a while (on long road trips) is a guy getting a b.j. in his car going down the interstate. i mean geeze c'mon get a room already :smash:

J

#6 ·
i've seen this numerous times, but the one that really pisses me off, your on the free way on ramp, bozo in front of me is decelerating, has a cell phone to their ear..... gives me road rage. :smash:

or people that drive ten-fifteen mph under the posted speed limit, come to an intersection, and roll through the stop sign. Like i guess driving slower than posted speeds gives you the right to not come to a complete stop at a stop sign? it all averages out right? :thumbup: :spank: :boxing: :nono: :mad: :pain:

#7 ·
It´s common over here to see front seat passengers with babies on their laps,
usually women and not seat belted, or small children standing holding on to the dash.
Cellphone use has been forbidden but still goes on.
It´s also common to drive into a oneway street the wrong way, up to two car lengths to park, or do a U turn.
If in a one way street and it´s quicker to go the wrong way to get to your required route, then do it, but be quick.
While waiting for pedestrians to cross and you see a gap, drive between them, but be quick.
If you go past your exit ramp on the freeway, backup, this includes long vehicles, but be quick.
If you are driving and a person in the backseat is talking to you, don´t be rude turn your head to see them, but.........no hurry on this one.

#9 ·
crazy larry said:
i've seen this numerous times, but the one that really pisses me off, your on the free way on ramp, bozo in front of me is decelerating, has a cell phone to their ear..... gives me road rage. :smash:

or people that drive ten-fifteen mph under the posted speed limit, come to an intersection, and roll through the stop sign. Like i guess driving slower than posted speeds gives you the right to not come to a complete stop at a stop sign? it all averages out :
OOOOOh Yeah! How about yakking on the cellphone, holding in your right hand, reaching across to shift with your left hand! I HATE CELL PHONES! I can m.f. someone in a hummingbird heartbeat over this. How did these idiots survive before cellphones? :evil: Dan

#10 ·
I'm that person doing things on the road that make you freak out.

here's some.

Once I was coming up on an intersection and figured the light would change. I didn't want to sit through all that crap so I kicked the Honda down. It turned red right as I was going through it. There's a slight dip in the road, no big deal if you hit it going 35. I hit it about 65 and got some air through the intersection. The other people at the light were probably a little shocked

Another time I got sick of sitting in traffic once and drove the honda off the road and across the lawn of a bank. then down a curb into the bank parking lot to cut onto another road.

I've gotten pretty good at spinning my accord around using the emergency brake. At 35 it takes up about 1 3/4 lanes to do a full 180. People don't seem to like it when I do it in the road out front of their house.

Leaving school sometimes I pull the emergency brake making my right turn leaving the campus lot. I can bring the back end way around. I had someone say something to me in the parking lot about. "dude, are you that guy that slid out onto the road yesterday?" Yea "that was awesome."

There's other stuff. People seemed to get pissed off when I pass them in the right lane. I do it as a curtousy, they shouldn't have to move over because I'm in a rush.

#12 ·
A few months ago I was sitting at a light
Useing my rear veiw mirror.

{a lost art form }

I notice this "female " in her S U V behind me, something like a exterra?
All brand new with a brand new baby in the back seat all strapped in.

Maybe... MAYBE!! 4 - 5 months old.

All the windows up & a cloud of smoke from her ciggerette just filling the vehicle :rolleyes:

Pretty white ribbons of smoke comming from her fingers.

She should of had a cell phone in her other hand instead of hanging on to that stupid steering wheel geez.

R :thumbup:

#13 ·
Let's see:

Idiots on crotch rockets pulling wheelies on the Interstate at 70 MPH+

I saw a vendor with a hot dog cart/trailer that had a 4 x 4 beam for a tongue

Smoking with children in the vehicle

Had a Trans Am try to get me to race him to the next light. Light changes, and he tears off in a cloud of tire smoke, totally oblivious to the unmarked police car that was sitting behind him the whole time!

#14 ·
when I was in HS with my Saturn I'd jump these train tracks near my work with it... it was a really steep approach so if I hit it at 45 I'd get a little (or just life the suspension to full extension) and it was fun.

Well, this one guy is drunk :nono: and hits it at 70. His car gets air, and lands on top of another car :pain: ... let's just say he's busted and they made the approach more flat. Flat isn't fun, unless it's the quarter mile.

#15 · (Edited)
There is a two lane highway near my house and it is not uncommon to see a line of 15-20 cars behind someone traveling 10 mph under the speed limit. There are signs all along that highway that say "Delay of 5 or more vehicles illegal. Use turnouts"

Also:

Stupid dipwads darting across all lanes of traffic racing their buddies.

Stepping on the brakes on the highway while going up a hill.

Entering the freeway more than 5 mph under the speed limit (or speed of traffic)

Racing ahead of you just to cut you off to take the off ramp before you do when nobody is behind you.

Police officers using their lights to get through traffic then turning them off.

People pulling trailers way over the trailering capacity of their vehicles. (somebody tried to pull a mobile home on a highway with a beater Toyota Tacoma pickup, making a mess out of traffic as I was trying to go home from work)

Driving with your parking lights on just so you can turn your fog lights on while it's dark but leaving your head lights off. (I hate fog lights)

Rice rockets

#16 ·
People who drive with their dogs in their laps.
People who lean the seat so far back that you only see the top of their head. Typically these folks also have hooded sweatshirts with the hood up so they further decrease their vision of the road and then the music is so loud that there is no way they can hear anything*. If they want to put such barriers between them and the world around them then why don't they just stay home.

*I have often thought about getting a big PA system for my car so I could blast people like that with some Hank Williams Sr. or Igor Stravinsky. It would be an excersise in futility though. The fight fire with fire thing doesn't always work. Later, mikey

#17 ·
A few month ago was driving up the interstate and the car in front of me was weaving a little back and forth. So I went to go around and lo and behold the guy was driving with his knees. A sandwich in one hand, a cell in the other, and papers propped on the steering wheel. If I knew that he wouldn't have gotten hurt, I would have pulled in front and hit my brakes. But his reaction time would have put him in a ditch and quite possibly been a fatality. People do stupid things while driving but that was off the wall.

#19 ·
People who drive with cellphones are the reason God invented 6-volt Volkswagen horns and 12-volt batteries.
And there's another reason for me to buy an air powered train horn! My wife says they're too expensive just to be able to scare the crap out of someone... :nono: I say what's money when there's insane giggling afterward... :evil: Dan

#20 ·
Road Head :D :pimp:

One thing I always loved about driving my truck with the really loud exhaust, was when some people would cut you off in traffic because their in a hurry, and then they would drive real slow, and you couldn't pass them because of other traffic. I would always, put my truck in low gear, and Id be driving at about 40mph, with the engine screeming at higher RPMs.
Beleive me, after that they usually let you pass them, or speed up :thumbup:

Brad

#21 ·
dinger said:
And there's another reason for me to buy an air powered train horn! My wife says they're too expensive just to be able to scare the crap out of someone... :nono: I say what's money when there's insane giggling afterward... :evil: Dan

YEA a grand for the good ones!!
Today I saw a motorcycle make a left had turn from the right lane.

A granny who could barely see over the dash that wouldn't do more than 45 MPH.

One of the local Car Quest trucks got clobbered in the side.
& left lane hanging going no where garbage trucks that spew diesel so bad you about need to use you wipers

all with in 30 miles

R :thumbup:

#22 ·
killerformula said:

K
Add driving 45 MPH in the left lane of I-74 (65 MPH zone) during the morning rush hour with the dome light on, cigarette in his left hand and a cup of something in his right. This was pre-cel phone otherwise I'm sure he would have had one tucked between his head and shoulder.

#23 ·
WakBordr7387 said:
I would always, put my truck in low gear, and Id be driving at about 40mph, with the engine screeming at higher RPMs.
Beleive me, after that they usually let you pass them, or speed up :thumbup:
A friend has a 4x4 with straight pipes out either side and it will backfire out the ends about 8-10" if you redline it, the tips are at the height of a sedans window... figure it out, damn miracle we didnt get arrested or cause an accident that night. :spank:

#24 ·
I didn't see this, but it was in the paper a while back. A guy was driving down the street lighting firecrackers with a cigarette & throwing them at pedestrians and people sitting at bus stops. He got a little confused and threw the cigarette at somebody, and the firecracker broke his jaw.

#25 ·
Back when we used to cruise a lot there were always a bunch of bass a holics but a 1ton on 35s with a big block and turn out pipes right at window height 4000 rpm in nuetral........ kinda takes the fun out of it for them....as soon as they turn it down I let off.....bass goes up so do the rpms.....they can't win!

#26 ·
I was attempting to stop a vehicle for speeding on I-94. I had been pacing the car at over 85 for over a mile. I was in a fully marked cruiser and it was daylight...mid afternoon. Anyway, I turned on the lights and the passenger turns and looks at me and I motioned for them to pull over. That's when he and the driver switched places...at 85+ mph with me watching. After they switched the new driver pulled over and stopped.

Now get this. The new driver was REVOKED while the first driver had a valid DL. For a trooper it was like hitting the jackpot: two speeding tickets, one ticket for operating after revocation (OAR) and 2 tickets for reckless endangerment.

Now they were dumb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.