Hot Rod Forum banner

So who likes vintage decals?

4K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  deadbodyman 
#1 ·
Well I started collecting old decal images a few months ago. Long story short I now have a bunch of cool old school decals for my truck :)

I would love to see your pics if you have any rare or cool old decals.

I'm really on the lookout for a old
Portland Rose City speedway decal when they hosted the winston cup races, we used to go there an watch the races when I was a kid.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
It's funny you should bring up the subject!

I recently did a decal search of my own, for a project I am involved in. The theme is for a "speed shop delivery truck, and part time weekend racer". :)

So far I have roughed out the body and done some of the interior body. That included painting in some cracked, chipped, and worn decals from the sixties.

The outer body paint and decals will be far more deteriorated, as would naturally occur. We are trying to use decals for products that would still be remembered by many.

It will be back for exterior paint real soon, and I do need to correct a crooked letter in the Jahn's Pistons decal. I was sooo busy with the overall look of it, that I didn't notice the "s" until I was looking at photos. {:-(

Attachments

#6 ·
I also love old decals

I have collected thousands of old decals over the years.

13 years ago I started Nostalgic Racing Decals which started out as just a hobby but turned into a full time business along the way.

I am a graphics designer but my main interest is in recreating old decals from the past.

I also do a great deal of custom work for car restoration shops both in the USA and in Australia.

I also do all of the contingency size drag racing decals for restoration projects.

Jim Hill

#7 ·
SpacyTracy

You posted Take a look at CoupeCustoms.com

I would advise everyone to take a good hard ook at Coupe Customs before making any purchase.

The person who owns Coupe Customs is Nathan Copper who is the same person that ran the "Old Fords Parts Mining Company" in Chandler, Az.

He used to purchase his decals from me back around 2005 but each time I shipped him his order he would contact me and say they never arrived. I reshipped the order a few times before I was contacted by phone one day by another vendor.

He asked me if I did business with Nathan and I said yes and that's when he told me he had been doing the exact same thing to him other vendors who were selling to him. He was ripping off everyone including his own customers who bought from him.

Please do not take my word for this simply do a Google search using his name or his companies names which have been the following,

Old Parts Mining Company, Porky's Truck Stop and now Coup Customs.

This guy has been ripping off hot rod guy's for the last 10 to 15 years and yet keeps changing the name of his business and seems to be getting away with it.

Please check him out before you make any purchase from him.

I lost a great deal of money and I hate to see this happen to anyone else.

Just a word to the wise. Jim Hill

#16 ·
Check out his address!!!!!!

When you check out Coupe Customs address on Google Maps it shows you a street view of where is store would be.

When I did a search for a UPS stores you guessed it that's where is mailed is delivered to.

So don't bother sending anyone over there look for him to get your money back.

In all fairness to Nathan Cooper some guys have gotten some decals from him but there are a lot of guys who never got their money back or anything they ordered.

In my case I wholesaled decals to him back in 2006 and each time we shipped him an order he would call and say he never received it. I reshipped the order a few times before being contacted by someone on the HAMB who was also selling him Ford parts and he was doing the exact same thing to them.

This is when he used the name "The Old Fords Parts Mining Company" and at that time he was in Chandler, AZ.

Next business was Pork's Truck Stop which was located in Long Beach, Ca.

I always thought that when you screwed people you would not be in business long but this guy has been pulling the same scam for years now and just changing the name and location of his business.

If you want to purchase from him that's your business but just realize who you are dealing with up front.

Just my opinion. Jim Hill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.