Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Social Security.
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 03:09 PM
or Jeff, or Doc, or...

Last journal entry: Results of the Camaro
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Larry-
The answer really is simple.
1.) Eliminate SSDI robbing from SSI.
2.) Eliminate dependants getting a check if their parents are disabled
3.) Correct Workmans Comp. This is involved, but starts with Medical Malpractice reform. If a W/C Doc sends someone back to work, and they reinjure themselves, the Doc faces malpractice.
"If I were King"... I would have a Medical Review Board assess each claim. Any "borderline" claims would be sent back to work with limited restrictions. Anyone receiving Full Disability, would have to show up at a meeting place for the same 8 hours as regular workers. In todays technological world, the blind can "see" with talking computers. The deaf can communicate with TDD. There is virtually SOMETHING for everyone. There would be VERY FEW exceptions. The place would be a sort of "Job Shop" where employers could use this for executing menial tasks. The reason is twofold. One, being that the person (fakers, in general) could not "hang around" home, and goof off. Or work a second job under the table. They would have to show up, just like a job, or not get a check. The other, is it would train them for other work. The employers could utilize reduced costs for "jobbing it out" to the State. Costs could be negotiated. The W/C & SSDI has already been paid, so it give the State a chance to recoup cash.
4.) We need to reign in the Law Profession. We need to re-evaluate our other Social Programs, and limit the term you can stay on it. We need to find a better solution to put people back to work. I would also say that the "unemployed" should also hit this shop 3/5 days, with the other 2 days ACTIVELY looking for work,if they want the benefits.

I should be King...

Barry
Check this link out
http://reed.senate.gov/socialsecuritymyth.htm