Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Social Security.
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 12:02 PM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by willys36@aol.com
...when a city policeman gave a presentation to my daughter's 5th grade class and was extracting an oath from the kids; he said, "Repeat after me . . ." and she said, "after me, after me, after me, after me . . .". I was chocked up I was so proud a father!).
Hmmmmm, I think under all that facad you just might be a bleedin' heart liberal after all Willys. Only a Hillary Democrat would have such disrespect for law and order. (LOL...just keep in mind who started this sarcasm business.)

Well, on to the serious stuff...actually in response to your Washington Post link. I think the problem is that while SS may not be a very good option...people are VERY reluctant to make change of any sort. And they are particularly reluctant when it involves a program which has, in the past, provided the basic foundation supporting retirement for many seniors. We all know something must be done, but there is great reluctance to give up what has served many people well over the years. People are very uncomfortable with change, and I think that is what republicans are discovering when they go back home and listen to their constituents. I'm not saying that is a good thing...but it IS a powerful thing.

Repeat after me...repeat after me...repeat after me.....