Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Soda blasted projects-is it too late to save?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 07:13 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Soda blasted projects-is it too late to save?

Ref: Once and for all: wiki on Soda blasting

After reading the above posts about soda blasting, I find I may have problems. First, several years ago, I had our 41 sedan body blasted by a professional aircraft re-finisher. Most of his work is on aluminum airplanes, but he also does autos. I had him soda blast and epoxy prime the body and parts, knowing that restoration work will take years. This is a complete frame off restoration. It is still under construction, but is nearing beginning the paint processes.

The second concern is a rebuilt radiator for a 23 T-bucket. I hooked up a used 40 pound pressure blaster with an Eastwood soda blasting valve kit. I soda blasted all exterior metal, except the repainted new core. The radiator frame and tank are mostly exposed, so will need painting to match the glass shell and car body. Most is copper, brass and soldered seams. I will be doing the radiator painting myself, using DuPont's Urethane single stage paint and epoxy primer.

So, from the tone of the posts in the above thread, I am in trouble with both projects. Any advice, especially on the brass works?