Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Soda Blasting on the cheap
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 12:25 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hduff
That page also cites other related patents with links to them. No patent was found for Eastwood, so it must not yet be granted. If somebody has a commercial soda blaster, it would be illuminating to know what patents they claim for their device.
I spent about 30 minutes yesterday searching both granted and provisional patents for anything from eastwood, soda blasting, soda blaster, bicarbonate eductor, soda venturi, soda siphon, and on and on. Nothing came up even remotely close. Eastwood's site also doesn't mention the retrofit as patented or patent-pending. I doubt the patent has been granted in under 2 years. It may even have been rejected by now.

I did come across the patent you mentioned and a couple others for mixing media (e.g., soda + plastic).

At any rate, soda blasting at home seems like a huge waste of time and money unless you can get your air really dry or just accept that you get a day or two before you have to throw away the media and clean out the hopper and rinse it and flush it with acetone or some other water-flushing solvent. It may work in AZ but it probably won't work in Seattle.